Have you been warned about gum disease that could affect your oral health? If so, do you understand the dangers of gum disease? If not, that’s OK because our team is happy to help you understand gum disease and why it poses a dangerous threat to your smile and oral health.
Our doctors encourage everyone to take care of their oral health in the hopes to avoid gum disease from attacking your smile. That is why our team at Carp Dental in Norristown, Pennsylvania, is happy to help you understand the basics of gum disease.
Here is a list of facts on gum disease and why it poses a threat to you:
– Gum disease is an infection that roots deep in your gums, which is the tissue surrounding your teeth.
– Plaque, which is the sticky film of bacteria that sticks to your teeth and gums after you eat, can seep into your gums that trigger gum disease.
– The leading cause of tooth loss in adults is from gum disease.
– Gum disease can lead to bleeding and swollen gums, tooth loss, persistent bad breath, and even bone loss in your jaw.
– There is little to no pain with gum disease, which is why most people do not know they have it until they are struggling with severe tooth loss and other problems.
As you can see, gum disease is important to avoid and could be detrimental to your oral health. If you think you have gum disease, or if you are in need of a checkup, please call us today at 610-275-1565 to schedule an appointment. Our team is trained to assist you and help you with your gum disease troubles. Our team of caring dental professionals, Dr. Brian Carp, Dr. Dongha Oh, Dr. Paul Yu, and Dr. Brandon Goldwater are here for your oral health!