Flossing is an essential tool in your everyday life. Do you know if you have the proper flossing techniques? Flossing can help keep your teeth clean and healthy and help you defend against the looming threat of gum disease.
Our dentists at Carp Dental in Norristown, Pennsylvania, understands the importance of flossing regularly. To help you understand more about flossing to improve your flossing skills, our dental team has provided you this list:
- There are several areas in your mouth that brushes will not be able to reach. Because of this, dental floss will be needed.
- If you struggle cleaning all areas between teeth due to restorations in your mouth, try switching to water flossers. Water flossers also use jets of water instead of dental thread.
- Dental floss thread should be strong enough to floss between all teeth without tearing. Whereas multifilament thread can tear, single filament thread is known for being shred resistant.
- To avoid recontamination, never use the same piece of thread between more than one tooth as it can spread bacteria and plaque. Instead, always use a different section for each area.
- Floss slowly and gently every single day with reliable dental floss.
As you can see, flossing is important and can protect your oral health without taking too much of your time. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to learn more about our dental team, please call us today at 610-275-1565 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to meet with you and help you in any way we can.