Root canal therapy is needed when you have a tooth that is badly decayed or infected. There is excruciating pain involved when the nerve of the tooth becomes infected and the pulp is damaged. Dr. Carp, Dr. Oh, Dr. Yu, and Dr. Goldwater want you to contact them as soon as you can if you have the following symptoms:
- You are experiencing severe pain in your tooth, especially when you chew or apply pressure
- Your tooth is transforming into a dark or dull color
- You have swelling or tenderness in nearby gums
- You are sensitive to hot or cold temperatures
- You have a persistent pimple on your nearby gums
If you have these symptoms, root canal therapy may be needed. This treatment involves your dentist at Carp Dental numbing your mouth and drilling a hole into your tooth. After the hole is drilled, he will clean out the tooth and remove any bacteria and infection. When the tooth is completely clean, your dentist will seal the hole with a filling; a crown or other restoration may also be needed to completely restore the tooth’s strength. You might feel a little sore or stiff following your root canal in Norristown, Pennsylvania, but an over-the-counter pain reliever should improve your comfort.
For more information on root canal therapy, call our office today!